Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Book Recommendation


Food Not Lawns
Of all the books I checked out of our library for garden-dreaming, this was the most practical and inspiring. She definitely approaches the topic of gardening via the "big picture," talking about community and sustainability as much as soil and seeds. I appreciated the inspiration and encouragement to nurture a garden all over the yard, not just in designated plots, and ideas to save money, including salvaging materials, and finding free or available resources within the neighborhood. Read it, I think you'll like it!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I checked it out this summer and loved it! I am always amazed how our lives intersect despite the distance. Including the fact that the podcast you linked to from Speaking of Faith was actually already on my ipod shuffle when you posted about it! Funny! This post reminded me that this is actually a book I wouldn't mind having in my "reference library."

STCE Distance Girls said...

Looks good! I'll keep an eye out for it at the library. We are anxious to get on with our next garden cycle! We are really in the anti-vegetation season right now... hurry up spring green.

Unknown said...

Is that you Nathan?