Monday, August 13, 2007

Ethics of Eating


I wanted to share with you an inspiring interview on PRI. It is with Barbara Kingsolver, author of a new book: Animal Vegetable, Miracle-- a reflection on the year that her family moved to a farm and grew most of the food they ate. So much of what she said about how we live and eat resonated with me. One comment that I especially appreciated was about how, in our culture, many of us sit down to an incredible meal with the idea that we are doing something "sinful" by indulging in good food that has been wonderfully prepared for our benefit. I love the reverent and grateful attitude she holds toward traditional ways of producing what we eat. I'm about to order the book!

Thanks to H. Shack for the recommendation.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey, cool. I have her book on reserve at the library. I was excited to read the book and am even more so after listening to the interview!

Nathan said...

Sounds cool!